Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Relay for life

During the weekend Hokitika was the host to this years Relay for Life on the West Coast.

My mum was diagnosed with cancer when I was 8 and she is lucky enough to be a survivor. It is a great cause to support and something which affects so many.

Doing a circuit with the family.

My partner John was in the Hokitika Volunteer Fire Brigade Team. The Fire Brigade members did a great job even wearing their full gear while walking the track. The kids & I joined in to do a few circuits of the track & I even had a go carrying the BA (Breathing Apparatus) it was very heavy....I'd hate to think what it would be like having to carry that into a fire!!!

Over $35000 was raised!!!! It  was a lovely family oriented weekend and a great way to celebrate life and remember those lost.

If you would like to know more about the Relay for Life pop on over to their site http://www.relayforlife.org.nz/index

No comments:

Post a Comment