Sunday, April 4, 2010

Things are happening!


Well things are happening alot quicker than I had been told....After thinking I would be off to have my op in six months I got a phone call last week to say I'm booked & I am off to hospital in two weeks time. I am still getting over the shock of this between having to organise John so he can take 4 weeks off as well as starting a new job next week (and wondering why it has been brought forward so much).

I'm not looking forward to the op..mainly the part when I come home & my little monsters will want to jump all over me. Especially Coop (18mths) who has been very clingy lately so it will be a challenge for a wee while.

The one thing that I am getting a bit on the emotional side about is that it is the end of having anymore children which I didn't think I would be so emotional about but the reality is I would not want to risk my health by having another baby.

But hopefully this will be the end of my troubles & I can look forward to putting my feet up & doing some more knitting.

3 comments:

  1. I hope it goes well for you, at least it will be behind you a lot sooner than you had thought. It's probably been brought forward becuse someone else cancelled and they put you in their spot.

    My procedure was brought forward a week, but I didn't know anything about it until I got the letter saying it had been changed. Some lowlife had stolen the letter about the first appointment out of my letterbox! So that threw me a bit, because I wondered if it hadn't been changed I might not have know about it until it was too late to go back onto gluten, and it would have had to be changed again.

    It's hard when decisions get made for you – you do feel a bit cheated. You are lucky to have two wonderful children already, you were obviously meant to be a mother, and a great one I'm sure.

    I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose....i'm keeping myself busy tidying up the house & doing my crafts so hopefully the next two weeks will fly by.

    And I am very lucky that John & I decided to have children early on rather than waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These things seem to take their own path and it is usually for the best. All the best!

    ReplyDelete